Sunday, May 6, 2007

-=Diana's=- first exposures...



Shot 12 exposures but only 3 came out. Most of the shots were underexposed, shot inside a great, funky discount-supermarket in Pleasant Hill. Really disappointed they did not come out. But live and learn, right?

I am taking my first two rolls of 120, Fujichrome Velvia 100 that I shot on my Holga in for development tomorrow. Hmm, I should actually drive down to Dublin tonight and drop them off so they can develop them first thing in the morning. Otherwise it will be tomorrow afternoon before I even get there. Anxious to see how these come out.

I have been having an experience recently of being able to visualize Lomo-graphic images in my head while I am just out and about. One place I would love to do a documentary study with both hi-fi and lo-fi photography is supermarkets. The colors in these places, plus, the characters you find are just mind blowing. Have to find a way to become sneaky about getting these photos though. When I took the shots with the Diana last week it's pretty easy because no one gets freaked out by a big fancy camera.

Let's see, what else is there. Oh yeah, my Dualflex III arrived over the weekend. Now I have to create the attachment with which I will mount my DSLR to it so that I can shoot through the lens.

Oh and I shot another roll of 120 film (Ilford HP5 Plus ASA 400) in my Brownie Junior pinhole. Also figured out that I do not need to respool the film for 620 as I first thought I did. Took these shots outside on a cloudy day last week with very brief exposures (no longer than 2 seconds). So we will see if THESE come out...

Hope you are all well and enjoying life and creating images...

No comments: