Thursday, May 3, 2007

WPPD - April 30, 2007


F/250 pinhole, 2 second exposure in open window light.

These are the only two shots that came out that I shot with my new, Kodak 620 Brownie Junior pinhole camera. I shot a roll of Ilford FP4, ASA 125 B&W 120 film. I had to respool the 120 film onto a 620 spool before I could load it into the camera. Shooting in 620 only offers you 8 exposures. The other 6 exposures I shot were over-exposed. I used a conversion table that I found here which led me to believe that one of my exposures should be 17 minutes long and that another should be 5 minutes long. Nuh-unh!

This first shot I submitted to the Worldwide Pinhole Photography Day website for it to be my record of participating in the event.






F/250 pinhole, 2 min 10 sec exposure in subdued light.



I am looking forward to more experimentation with this camera. It was very exciting to receive my shipment of film from B&H Photography in New York and loading the film into the camera (after respooling it) was even more exciting. I will probably set up a darkroom in my bathroom over the summer so that I can do developing and printing at home.

I also shot my first roll of 120 on my new, antique "Diana" camera this week. Unfortunately I bought slide film and not print film. A whole 5 pack of it. So getting prints of what I shot on that camera is going to be expensive. If anyone has any advice on what else I can do to get these images into my computer I'd be glad to hear. As it turns out, I did get this roll of film back today too and out of the 16 exposures that I shot only 4 came out. All the rest appeared to be under exposed. Many of the shots that I took were inside of a well lit grocery store but aparantly you really do have to set the settings on the camera appropriately.

And then today my new Holga CFN 120 arrived from Hong Kong. This is the model with the 4 colored filter flash, which is pretty freaky. Can't wait to see how these shots come out! I'll post some here but most I'll put on my Flickr account and I'm also going to set up a Lomo-Home at Lomographic Society International.

It's actually hard learning how to see in the fashion of the Lomo. Not knowing what your camera actually recorded until you see the prints, but even then, interpreting what is inside those images. A mysterious world it is...

No comments: